Benefits of Membership
The Ernest Hemingway Society offers a wonderful way to connect with others who love and promote the work of Ernest Hemingway. With nearly 600 members worldwide, we are one of the largest single-author organizations in existence. Membership in the organization provides the following benefits:
- Print copies of the award-winning Hemingway Review, a biannual scholarly journal specializing in articles on the work and life of Ernest Hemingway.
- Online access to issues of the Hemingway Review via Project Muse.
- A printed copy of the Hemingway Newsletter each year.
- Online access to the complete archive of all issues of the Hemingway Society Newsletter.
- Biennial conferences at locations important in Hemingway’s world.
- Participation in the Society’s annual business meetings.
- Eligibility to vote and run for office in Society elections.
- Eligibility to apply for travel grants awarded to graduate students attending the Society’s conferences.*
- Eligibility to apply for research fellowships open to scholars, regardless of rank, with preference given to graduate students, independent scholars, and recent recipients of doctorate degrees.*
*Awarded on a competitive basis.
Joining the Society or Renewing Membership
The Society offers a yearly membership with two methods for joining: online (preferred) or a form to print and mail.
Membership dues for one year are:
- US Regular Membership - $40
- US Retiree Membership - $30
- Non-US Regular Memberships - $45
- Non-US Retiree Memberships - $40
- Students - $25
To join or renew by mail, print a Membership Form and then send the completed form with a check or money order in US dollars made out to The Hemingway Society to the address listed on the form.
If you have any membership questions, please contact us.