Join the Society or Renew your Membership
Membership dues for one calendar year from the date you join are:
- US Regular Membership - $40
- US Retiree Membership - $30
- Non-US Regular Memberships - $45
- Non-US Retiree Memberships - $40
- Students - $25
Follow the on-screen instructions to Join or Renew your membership. We accept payment by most credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover etc.). All transactions are secure.
To join or renew by mail, print a Membership Form and then send the completed form with a check or money order in US dollars made out to The Hemingway Society to the address listed on the form.
Benefits of Membership
The Ernest Hemingway Society offers a wonderful way to connect with others who love and promote the work of Ernest Hemingway. With nearly 600 members worldwide, we are one of the largest single-author organizations in existence. Membership in the organization provides the following benefits:
- Print copies of the award-winning Hemingway Review, a biannual scholarly journal specializing in articles on the work and life of Ernest Hemingway.
- Online access to issues and articles of the Hemingway Review via Project Muse.
- A printed copy of the Hemingway Newsletter each year.
- Online access to the complete archive of all issues of the Hemingway Society Newsletter.
- Biennial conferences at locations important in Hemingway’s world.
- Participation in the Society’s annual business meetings.
- Eligibility to vote and run for office in Society elections.
- Eligibility to apply for travel grants awarded to graduate students attending the Society’s conferences.*
- Eligibility to apply for research fellowships open to scholars, regardless of rank, with preference given to graduate students, independent scholars, and recent recipients of doctorate degrees.*
*Awarded on a competitive basis.
If you have any membership questions, please contact us.